Saturday, August 22, 2009

may you see drops like stars

what up, fool?

well...the day has come; I am officially the only one left in Abingdon. Everyone is off to college, so I've got a week to get all ready to head back to South Carolina. Packing has never ever ever been my thing. It's the only thing I have ADD with; I'd rather learn about Botany than pack. This is not a drill.

So anyway, I was out getting going away presents yesterday, and I got the whole set of Rob Bell books for Caroline, because I want her to read them anyway but I'm too attached to my copies right now to send them to Knoxville. And, I found the greatest thing ever! The NEW Rob Bell book is out! It's called Drops Like Stars, and I was a little surprised because it's not a little paperback, it's this HUGE hardcover book! (My advice: don't buy it at a bookstore. I paid $35 for it and then found out that it's $23 on amazon.com. Oh well, you live and learn.)

IT IS SO GOOD. I had been planning on going to the Drops Like Stars tour, and this just made me even more excited about it! Rob will be in Charlotte on October 7th, and I am so there. Even if I have to go alone...which I doubt, haha. Here's the tour teaser:

We plot, we plan, we assume things are going to go
A certain way and then they don’t and we find ourselves
In a new place, a place we haven’t been before, a place
We never would have imagined on our own,

And so it was difficult and unexpected and maybe even
Tragic and yet it opened us up and freed us to see
Things in a whole new way

Suffering does that—
It hurts,
But it also creates.

How many of the most significant moments in your
Life came not because it all went right, but because
It all fell apart?

It’s strange how there can be art in the agony…

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Wedding Dresses. Powered by Blogger